CSLC 2018 – Leadership Through The Looking Glass will feature a wide variety of keynote speakers, group workshops, cultural moments and entertainment. CSLC 2018 will take place from September 25th to September 29th, 2018.
CSLC 2018 is proud to present an exciting slate of keynote speakers:
|Chris Hadfield||Keith Hawkins||Phil Boyte||Michel Chikwanine|
Other speakers include:
- Wayne Lee
Check out the student conference itinerary here.
The Advisor Program at CSLC is a professional development opportunity for attending advisors, which features advisor sessions led by professional motivational speakers, industry professionals and experienced leadership advisors. Attending advisors will have opportunities to network and collaborate with fellow leadership and student activity advisors from across the country, as well as have the opportunity to participate in the Canadian Student Leadership Association’s Leadership Advisor Development and Certification Program.
This program guides Leadership advisors through a focused study and practical examination of the six pillars of student leadership:
- Developing Effective Communication
- Enhancing Personal Leadership Skills
- Developing School Climate and Culture
- Leadership Program Management
- Implementing Student Activities
- Legal and Fiscal Accountability with Student Leadership
Featured presenters for advisors include
- Jim Cain
- Dave Conlon
- Marc England
- Connie Warner
- Dena Davis, Jen Harris, Kim Howard (Harry Ainlay Inclusive Learning Staff) – Mental Health Advisor Workshop
Check out the advisor conference itinerary here.
VENTURE BEYOND in Jasper, AB
CSLC 2018 – Leadership Through The Looking Glass pre-conference will feature a breathtaking tour of Jasper National Park and the Columbia Icefield from September 23rd to September 28th, 2018. The pre-conference is priced at $600 per person.
The pre-conference program fee includes meals, transportation from Edmonton to Jasper and back, accommodations and admission to the Jasper Sky Tram, Columbia Ice Fields and Skywalk, and Miette Hot Springs.
For more information, visit our Pre-Conference Program page
For a detailed itinerary, CLICK HERE.
Advisors will receive a preferred rate at the Delta Edmonton South Hotel. For more information, including a link to the hotel website, visit our Advisor Accommodation page
Students attending CSLC are billeted in the host community. Billeting is the “youth exchange” component of the conference and is very important to the tradition and spirit of CSLC. For delegates, their time with their billet families enables them to experience the culture and heritage of the host school’s community first-hand, and allows them to become part of that community for a few days.
For more information click here
To apply to be a billet family, click here
- Taste of Edmonton Experience
- West Edmonton Mall Galaxyland Rock n Ride Dance
- Hypnotist Wayne Lee
- River Valley Walking Excursion
- University of Alberta Campus Challenge
- Enhancing and Influencing Positive School Culture
- Diversity Training
- Inclusive Practices
- Leadership within Career Pathways
- Mentorship from Innovators and Entrepreneurs
- Forum of National and International Volunteer Opportunities
- Practical Skills for School Leadership
- Team building